Saturday, September 3, 2005

shamelessly stolen from the national zoo website. I wish i had a talking baby panda sidekick. I could take him for walks and we would discuss Foucault and coloniality. Then he would be my panda wingman like in that stupid NYT article about the women who you pay to get you dates at parties. Only he would be a talking baby panda, possibly with a slight Yiddish accent. (There were mad jews in Beijing.) Also every time i look at the panda, i want to be all [baby talk:]"look at that punim!" Why my imaginary baby panda friend speaks with the accent of great grandparents i never knew, i really couldn't tell you.

The backstreet boys have apparently remade themsleves with massive amounts of post-sum 41/American Hi-Fi emo retro metal chic. I guess that's the zeitgeist. They're eerily reminiscent of Blink 182 parodying, um, The Backstreet Boys. My head is going to explode.

2 comments: