Monday, September 5, 2005

At least two of the non dub-version tracks on the LKJ anthology clock in at exactly four minutes and twenty seconds. Make of that what you will.

I went over to my parents' place tonight primarily to see my brother, who is home for a couple weeks before returning to Chicago to start his last year of college. But i also brought back a lot of stuff from my room - my course packets from Paul Gilroy's class, some assorted DVDs, a book or two, and a bunch of accumulated documents from the UOC and the federation I wanted to have accessible. While I was able to bring some of the materials I used in my senior essay research home today, I still need to find a bag big enough to carry the reams of newspaper microform photocopies - primarily old YDNs and Modern Times i made in between 1967 and 1973-4 (from the aftermath of the New Haven riot and the SDS split through the city's defeat of the 13th college plan, the aftermath of the '72 grade strike and the TAO, and the fracas which ensued after students disrupted a speech on campus by a racist ideologue. In the meantime, maybe some of the stuff i did find will inspire some paths for further inquiry. At the very least, i'm sure there are a few security-culture safe blog entries to be made.

I start class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment