Saturday, September 10, 2005

It's saturday night. I'm - you guessed it - in the library. I did get to hang out with Amelia, though, which was fun. I want to blog about the suspension of Davis-Bacon, the politics of the right to return to New Orleans, and the various fantasies of bourgeois urban amusement parks which have been advanced by opportunistic pundits, all of which seem to exclude, sometimes very much intentionally so, not only the input of the city's large poor and working class African American population, but indeed the very possibility that they might play any role in the city which would suceed the desolation wrought by hurricane and neoliberal/neoconservative indifference.

I'd liek to blog about all of this, but i really ought to be reading instead, so that's what I'm going to do. Instead, I'll just link to this Naomi Klein piece and give you all* a pop quiz in the morning.

*By "you all" i apparently mean "Julie C. Gonzales.".

2 comments: