Well, I'm writing my last-ever paper of college (assuming I didn't fail anything.) The paper is on Abdelrahman Munif's The Trench, and the spatial imagination of oil imperialism. (I'm six pages into the paper and fairly excited about it. Everyone should read the incredible first book in the series as well, which is fucking amazing.) The Undergraduate Organizing Committee threw a last minute get together for those of us who are departing tonight. (Which is when it hit me that I'm not going to see a lot of folks for a very long time, which is kind of scary/intense.) But it was great to see everyone, (especially Schnabels!) meet Helena's dad (wow), and my stuffed bear and can of playdoh rule. I decided that my life at the moment is kind of like a cross between "Bastards of Young" and the middle part of "You Never Give Me Your Money," but then that seemed ridiculously pretentious, so I just told myself to shut up and finish my damn paper.
Update: So i'm writing this paper in a computer cluster, and all of the sudden, hear a loud recording of a woman moaning and shouting in ectsasy. I turn around and the guy behind me tries to pass it off as "spam gets more creative every day." Yeah right. You were watching porn! In the middle of a computer cluster! Admit it! And then turn the damn volume down so I can write my fucking paper!
No comments:
Post a Comment