Saturday, May 8, 2004

I know Paul Bass isn't an idiot. When it comes to Yale's power, he's written some incisive, piercing, intelligent, hard hitting no bullshit and I'm running out of adjectives reporting.



It was disappointing, then, to see him write something this insipid - as if his Peppritude's coming to the table hadn't been preceded by big protests against speciously justified layoffs or, the very weekend before Pep came to the set (sorry, Shoop joke) a federationwide action once again asking for Yale to work together with workers and forge a better way. I'm glad John Pepper came to the table. Probably a much more productive thing for him to do than skulk in the corners of Dwight hall cabinet meetings with Darth Vader. I hope he and President Levin and Bruce "I love NDB" Alexander honor a commitment to forging better relations between Yale and its workers, and I think that needs to start with rescinding C&T layoffs and reaching "some understanding about how current organizing drives will be conducted." (RAI report. Remember that?)



(edit:added link to photo of Mr. M- I mean Vader.)

No comments:

Post a Comment