A seldom-updated blog about labor and universities and sometimes other stuff
Wednesday, May 12, 2004
It's so refreshing to not have hundreds of pages of writing hanging over my head after a smester's end, to be able to curl up with a good book, happily await the DVD release of "Return of The King," post comments on other people's websites, and not have to freak out when someone proposes two times for a possible meeting - because i have nothing else to do, and therefore can make any time i want to. Sure, within a few hours the fact that i don't have a job or any summer plans will surely set in, but for now, i'm going to wallow in some well-earned inertia. Although I'm not particularly convinced that I earned anything. Which is one ofthe many reason's i'm skipping commencement. Along with the fact that Levin's a fascist, Klansmen wear robes, (and despite what Rumpus may say about me, i'm a little to yiddishe to be a klansman. Plus there's he whole antiracist anarchist thingy) and i hate being the center of attention and i don't like Ken Burns' work all that much and i don't need Yale to tell me what I've accomplished in my life over the last four years because most of it has been in opposition to the vision of the university that commencement will try to celebrate. Forgive the rambling. I only sept three hours last night. I'll shut up now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TO ROTK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry, I'm already wetting myself over the prospect of being able to watch the Ride of the Rohirrim over and over again in the comfort of my own home.
-Evan