Six Dimension Formula, a band whose original lineup involved four kids from my high school and two kids from another high school (now its three from my high school, the same two from the other high school, and one person i don't know) have changed their name to automato and released an album (this CMJ website offers a set of audio files which i haven't been able to listen to yet, but which includes some version of the raucous 6DF song "Soul Music" (though by August of 2000, performed versions of the song sounded totally different from (and much more impressive than) the somewhat campy track on their demo - which they debuted when they opened up for Shamus McNasty in the fall of 1998. I'm looking forward to hearing their CD, which has some pretty nifty cover art.. They're on the same label as The Coup, which si kind of incredible (I guess 75 Ark collapsed) and are on tour with RJD2, who is reviewed on pitchfork today.
In other news, i bumped into Mattnick today for the first time in more or less all of senior year. Is an Austin and The Technicolor Pipefuckers reunion in the works? Probably not. Still, it was good to see him.
Update: Oh, and one more thing. I got a (barely) passing grade in Natty Haz. This means i graduate. Now, to paraphrase Eric Cartman, "Who wants to hire me. I said who wants to fucking hire me?"
No comments:
Post a Comment