Sountrack Part II
Alyssa's inclusion of "Let's Talk About Sex" and "Die Trying" are strokes of genius, but i'm not done yet
9.The Wailers: "Small Axe." Because corporate power and the state are indeed a big tree, and we are a small axe, ready to cut them down, willing to chop them down.
10.Bob Marley and The Wailers: "Crazy Baldhead" - Because we need to chase the RNC out of town and the Neocons and Neoliberals out of power.
11.Peter Tosh, "Equal Rights." "Anyone but Bush" isn't sufficient. "Everyone is crying out for peace, nobody's crying out for justice. I don't want no peace. I want equal rights and justice."
12.Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck. Anticipating the security-state and its permutations, Inspectah Deck informs us that the Wu-Tang Clan will "terrorize the jam like troops in Pakistan."
More later.
yeah but "protect ya neck" is also where Meth (of Fox's "Meth and Red" [in]fame) says: "n****z switchin' over / like they don't know no better / but I do..."
ReplyDeleteUh huh..