And on a more personal note...
I'm feeling really frustrated again about living in my parents' apartment, thousands of miles and a bunch of time zomes away from most of the folks i care about, jobless and isolated and feeling like i've totally wasted my summer and my life is just ticking away before my eyes. I guess the solution would be to get up and do something, and i have an application i need to start and an interview on tuesday, but this job would mean staying in New York and living with my parents and i'm not too sure i want to do, or that i even want this job, but I don't really know what alternative i have at this point. I haven't left NYC since i came back here. I've left manhattan only three times - twice last week, hanging out with Vic in Brooklyn last Thursday and then taking the Q train out to Coney Island for the Siren Music Festival on Saturday,and when i went to the Mets game with Alyssa, Lev, and Rogoff back in June. I spent weeks barely leaving my room, and my 8 miles a day feel as routinized and as desperate as always. Don't get me wrong. I love my parents, and i am grateful to them for giving me a roof over my head and food on my plate while i figure my life out, but i'd rather be somewhere else, with someone else, doing something else. I'm complaining too much, but i feel like i'm at this point right now where this blog represents a lion's share of my verbal contact wiuth the world outside this apartment, and that's pathetic and frightening, and depressing. I'm going to shut up now.
No comments:
Post a Comment