I just got the shortest haircut i've had in years, possibly ever. It's a good haircut though, so i'm not complaining, and actually feeling wind on the back of my neck is sort of a welcome sensation, particularly when it's 85 degrees out and i've just walked four miles. I'm listening to Miles' On The Corner and revisiting my John Mclaughlin obsession from high school.
I think i saw Catherine O., who i went to high school with, on the street waiting at the 106th street bus stop on broadway, but it could easily have been someone else. She didn't see, recognize, or acknowledge me - Another case of my hair disguising my identity or something.
My friends Austin and Elan are stuck in a small town in the Yukon at the moment with a broken transmission. Hopefully it'll get fixed and they'll be on their way soon. Quoth Austin, "I like to keep a nice 8 to 10 year old demeanor. It is part of my charm"
And to conclude this uncharacteristically schizophrenic blog entry, i want to issue a challenge to Alyssa or Josh to rewrite Boogie Down Production's 1987 classic diss track "The Bridge Is Over" as a Yale Labor Anthem along the lines of "The Woodbridge Is Over," transforming its homophobic and sexist diction into an indictment of yale's corporate administrators. Judging by recent events, you'll need it come spring semester, so get cracking!
No comments:
Post a Comment