I had another weird dream last night. It was one of those dreams you wake up from and you don't really want to move because you're too busy trying to sift apart all the symbols and subtexts and meanings and persuade yourself that it was just your insecurities bubbling to the surface of your subconscious, and you didn't really do any of the things you dreamed you felt ashamed of doing. Ah well. I'll probably have more dreams to complain about tomorrow, at this rate. (although some of them haven't been that bad.)
Anchorman was very funny. I found the first 15 minutes or so to be a bit slow, but after that my brother and i more or less spent an hour and a half laughung uncontrollably in a mostly empty theater. I'm a little baffled by Will Ferrel's obsession with Kansas. (The band, not the state.) But, as Ted pointed out to Socrates (Soh-Krates,) "all we are is dust in the wind, dude. Dust. Wind. Dude.)
I bought the plane tickets, and it's decided. I'm heading out to Tucson to visit the Julie-Ana-Burkee-Noah-Shikha-Evelyn-Amelia (who am i missing?) axis of voter registration and antiracist organizing. This should be fun. I'm flying into Phoenix, and i haven't been in the Phoenix airport since my 20th birthday, when a friend's parents left me there at 2 in the morning after a severe cultural misunderstanding. But I think three years is enough cooling off time between me and Arizona, and i haven't really spent any time in the area around Tucson, and it will be great to see some dear friends i already miss way too much and to vacate my parents' apartment and the city of new york for a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment