Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Turtle Power

I walked the legnth of Prospect Park today on my way up to Manhattan, because I'd never really done it before, and because it's shady and cool in there. Prospect Park is awesome. It's big, it's beautiful, and when i was walking by this little pond that was bright green from all the beautiful algae, i saw, sitting on a rock in the middle of the pond, a little trutle. Then another turtle appeared on the surface of the water, trying to climb up on the rock. It couldn't and dissappeared underneath the surface again, only to re-emerge and attempt to scale the rock unsuccesfully a few more times before I left to continue towards Grand Army Plaza.

Much later, after a detour through Boerum and Cobble Hills and some ice cream in Brooklyn Heights, as I walked down Cadman Plaza towards Tillary Street and the Brooklyn Bridge, I started thinking about how cute the turtles were. Then i started thinking about the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song and trying to remember all the words. "Heroes in a halfshell, and they're green," "Donatello is smart, Michaelangelo's a party machine (cowabunga)" and whatnot. That was pretty much all i could remember, which is sad, because I definitely watched that show every saturday morning for years. It's a pretty great song.

Update: remembered some more while doing the dishes. "When the evil Shredder attacks,/those turtle boys don't give him no slack."

No comments:

Post a Comment