Wednesday, August 10, 2005

success and housekeeping

I figured out what I needed to figure out about the whole "grad school starting" thing. This makes me relieved. I'm still fairly clueless about what i'm doing there, but I think i'm somewhat less clueless than I was in April, which has to be a good thing.

Comments are welcome on this blog. Please comment frequently. Especially if you disagree with me. What aren't welcome are spam comments, which seem to be flooding Blogger's comment client of late. I'm not interested in online poker and i don't really want to enlarge my penis, so if i get comments urging my readers to do any of these things, i'm clicking on the basura.

Speaking of housekeeping, Blogger's main page lists a "Blogger Business Summit," to be held next week in San Francisco, in which attendees will learn how to integrate blogging techniques and technologies into their businesses. The privatization of the internet commons aside, my real problem with this summit is where it's being held -- The Sheraton Palace Hotel, which Unite-Here Local 2 members were locked out for two months last autumn, and which they have been urging clients to boycott since, like, January. Why are these people disregarding the boycott? Why would they want to put their seminar participants through possible picket lines? Doesn't make sense. They need to move.

also:

3 comments:

  1. hmm, I thought you were going to talk about cleaning your apt when you mentioned housekeeping. ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, baby pandas. But i have been doing that too.

    ReplyDelete