"Ugh, what a disaster." That's Peter O'Toole dishing to the New York Daily News
about his last film, a little indie picture he did with Brad
Pitt called "Troy" (budget: $150 million-plus). "The director
[Wolfgang Petersen], that kraut, what a clown he
was," continues the acting legend. "When it was all over, I watched 15 minutes
of the finished movie and then walked out." Adds the unedited O'Toole, "At least
I had one good scene."
Peter O'Toole and I agree on everything but the last sentence. And the kraut part, i guess. And if Troy managed to suck even exponentially more than Air Force One, Wolfgang Petersen did do The Neverending Story, which was one of my favorite films when i was a kid, and is still pretty watchable despite slightly embarassing special effects. Apparently, Petersen's scheduled to direct a film adaptation of Ender's Game. (Let's hope he doesn't completley butcher it.) As for O'Toole, sorry, but admitting the movie sucked and then walking outof the theater doesn't exculpate you ofr stealing three hours of my life or making one of the worst movies of all time.
WHATEVER.
ReplyDeleteTroy RAWKED.
j