edit: Oh, and Green's "Here I Am (Come and Take Me)" is in the running for best pop song of all time...
A seldom-updated blog about labor and universities and sometimes other stuff
Thursday, October 28, 2004
I went to the record store tonight to look for the new cd by the Go! Team, Thunder Lightning Strike, which pitchfork is raving about. I didn't find it at either of the two stores i went to. What i did find, for relatively little effort or cash, were two albums i've been looing for for months and one impulse buy i'm kinda happy about. The latter is an Al Green greatest hits compilation, the former are Big Star's first (and more or less only) two albums, #1 Record and Radio City, conveniently collected on one CD, and Sly and The Family Stone's There's a Riot Goin' On, which i have literally been hunting for since June. At the moment I'm listening to #1 Record, and being floored. No wonder Paul Westerberg idolized Alex Chilton, that "invisible man who could sing in a visible voice." This stuff is great!
edit: Oh, and Green's "Here I Am (Come and Take Me)" is in the running for best pop song of all time...



edit: Oh, and Green's "Here I Am (Come and Take Me)" is in the running for best pop song of all time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment