Blogging may be a bit sparse for a bit - I'll be out picketing all day tomorrow and then i have my scheduled picketing shift thursday morning, all of which is a lot of "hey hey hey right now"s. Music student with Sideshow Bob hair says he's bringing lots of musical instruments to the picket line. Too nervous/angry/excited to put together coherent thoughts at the moment. Whether or not we end this strike with a settlement, we are fighting to reshape the divisions of labor in the neoliberal university and its role in global networks of capital accumulation, and that's something worth striking a hundred times over to do. And if I'm not being clear, i want to state once more that I very much think we are going to win this fight. When this'll happen, I don't quite know. But i'm ok with that. So you can catch me at the picket line at 8 AM wearing a ridiculous picket sign and screaming my lungs out.
Oh, and happy birthday, Saqib Bhatti.
Kia Ora (Hello) from a krazy blogger down-under in New Zealand. "I hope you put your lungs back-in after you screamed them out" !!! (hehe) Great blog. I'll be back...
ReplyDeleteYou're the best, Zach -- I am so incredibly proud of you. Lots of love to you and the rest of your GSOC comrades!
ReplyDeleteWord. Keep rockin' the free world... - Thomas
ReplyDeletealways good to see someone fighting the good fight
ReplyDeleteLittle Big Toe