no comment.
I'm finding the resignation coverage depressing. These fascists will just be replaced by other fascists, afer all. And Rummy stays despite Abu Ghraib, with "infinite detention" Gonzales the next AG. Maybe they'll junk Elaine Chao and replace her with John C. Calhoun's dessicated skull.
I can't overemphasize how much i'm liking Thunder, Lightning, Strike. "Panther Dash" and "Ladyflash" together constitute 6 minutes and 54 seconds of pure bliss.
Pitchfork reports that the original (Entertainment/Solid Gold) lineup of Gang of Four have reunited. This will be the first time that Gill, King, Allen, and Burnham have been on stage together since 1981. My first reaction was "well, i hope i don't get sued for the blog title or anything." But i think this is pretty cool (assuming they are doing this for reasons other than cashing in on the recent dancepunk craze.) For more information on Gang of Four, i refer readers to guitarist Andy Gill's website.
The title of this blog entry originates as a line in Camper Van Beethoven's "Turquoise Jewelry." Make of that what you will. I'm going to read some Roth.
No comments:
Post a Comment