Thursday, November 18, 2004

PacifiCare and Chinese Hospital, the two other major health insurance providers used by locked out San Francisco hotel workers, have joined with Kaiser Permanente to commit to continue providing care to workers even after their health care coverage ceases december 1.



Mayor Gavin Newsom applauded PacifiCare's announcement, saying

"Today,PacifiCare made it clear that they value the people and community

theyserve above profit. I am proud of Pacific Care for joining with

ChineseHospital and Kaiser Permanente in extending health benefits to

thelocked-out workers. I once again call on the Hotels to end the lockoutso

these 4,000 workers can return to their jobs. I look forward to bothparties

moving past the current impasse to bring the negotiations andthe lockout to an

end."




Said Mike Casey, President of UNITE HERE Local 2: "We're

thrilled thatour members won't have to worry about whether they can visit the

doctorwhile these hotel companies continue their lockout. Kaiser,

ChineseHospital, and PacifiCare have shown real compassion and concern fortheir

patients' wellbeing."




No comments:

Post a Comment