1.M83 - "Don't Save Us From The Flames." Heard it for the first time last night. Way behind the hipster set on this one. The wall of sound is overwhelming and almost operatic. I have no idea what the lyrics are about, because i can't understand them.
2.Sleater-Kinney - "The Fox" (and "Entertain.")
3.Blondie - "Hangin' On The Telephone." Reminiscent of early Specials reggae-punk, and they came out at exactly the same time (1978.) The chicken scratch of the guitars on the bridge ("oh, why can't we talk again") sound like a phone ringing. Or maybe a rotary phone being dialed. It doesn't matter. Chris Stein was the most underrated guitarist in punk rock, Deborah Harry is Deborah Harry, and the song's amazing.
4.Annie - "Heartbeat."
5.Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl." What? You got a problem with that? You wanna take this outside? I like cheesy music. I mean shit, just cause the lead singer isn't a pair of pit bulls or a macaw...
No comments:
Post a Comment