Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Off to New Haven again tomorrow, this time regarding work/ (well, technically, the last time was about work as well, just not mine. Not yet anyway.) I'm going to be doing research for a professor. I don't know how the commute thing will work out, but i'm hoping it will.

I hereby apologize to Amelia, Ana, and anyone else i may have offended with the gratuitous acapella bashing in the previous post. I also forgot the requisite 'except shades.' The Problem of Leisure deeply regrets the error.


Speaking of New Haven...

Last Thursday, I thought I had finally met someone in power who would be willing to listen. If Betts would sit down with GESO, I am sure he would discover that we share many of the same ideals. Rather than having to strike repeatedly to have our voices heard, I believed for a moment that we would finally be able to get the respect we as teachers deserve.

I am uncertain about what transpired between Thursday night and Friday morning, but I am certain that Betts bowed to the pressure of Yale administration’s official line on the union.

No comments:

Post a Comment