1.The New Pornographers - "July Jones." Probably my favorite song from Electric Version, it sounds like a cross between Madness and, um, The New Pornographers.
2.The (English) Beat: "Too Nice To Talk To" -- The Beat were, along with Madness and The Specials, the central figures in the late '70s-early '80s british two-tone ska revival. "Too Nice To Talk To," the lead track from the band's second LP, Wh'appen, a funkified percussive pop romp, is among their best, though largely ignored because it isn't on I Just Can't Stop It, the band's classic first LP, which everyone should own. They got back together on VH1 last summer. I only saw the end. I'm sure the whole thing was sufficiently surreal.
3.John Lennon, - "Oh Yoko"
Paul Westerberg's playing at the Supper Club tonight, (I'm not going) so number 4. has to be "Favorite Thing" off of Let It Be.
5.The Cure - "Grinding Halt." Ok, i'm not really that crazy about this song. But it is a pretty cool song. And the cure haven't sounded anything like this in a long, long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment