Monday, January 1, 2007

Year end post. Yeah, sorry about that. It was too detailed in depictions of personal aporia, union frusrations, academic angst. Maybe I'll revise and post. Maybe i won't. It was an insane and difficult year and I hope 2007 turns out much, much better.

Went to Hoboken last night which was cool - new year's came on the path train and a drunk dude in a funny hat shook everyone's hand. all though the train coming home at 5 am had vomit all over it and i stepped in it, which sucked enormously. Also i hurt my ankle.

Never been to Hoboken before. Lots of people lined outside of bars talking about the Jets. Huge lofts and shy cats and somewhere, I'm sure, Ira Kaplan and Georgia Hubley.

I walked through prospect park yesterday and then down 10th to McDonald down McDonald to Forth Hamilton down Fort Hamilton to the cemetery entrance, and then across greenwood cemetery back to 5th and down 5th home to Sunset Park. The cemetery is beautiful and ancient, mausoleums with ornate masonry and crypts built in rows into hillsides and it was totally quiet and felt like another century except for the odd car that drove by every ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment