Monday, January 29, 2007

I've been very unproductive today. I think it's propter nivem, as my 8th grade Latin teacher olim dixit. It has to end. In part I'm excited about buying a new computer, now that Vista is out, to replace the one that died over the summer (the one I'm typing on now is on loan from mis padres. It's tiny and "ultra portable" in the language of computer-purchasing, which is cool, but there's lots of stuff it can't really do.) And I'm a little burnt out from the last week of crazy meetings and visiting friends et cetera. By the way, the "c" is hard. Like a building occupation. Just kidding.

The work i have managed to get done so far has been some reading for class, and some research for an incomplete paper, though not as much as I would have liked. I also slowly finished season 2 of The Wire, which is the most nuanced and compelling depiction of union corruption I've ever seen, ludicrous NOI assassin caricatures notwithstanding. And today I took a walk, thought about New York and the racialized geographies of southern Brooklyn and discovered the Tasti-D-Lite on 86th street in Bay Ridge. And I paid my cable bill and my electricity and my credit cad bill, which was pretty swollen from coursebooks and the impulse buys on amazon I made too many of while writing my Postcolonial Marxism paper over break. I kind of like not having class on Mondays this semester, but I can see it too easily becoming too seductive as far as procrastination's concerned. Speaking of which, this is a useless entry, and I have better things i should be doing right now. So if you want to read today's attempt at a substantial entry go here if you haven't already. Otherwise, don't tell me anything about season's three or four of The Wire, because I'm going to hold off on watching them until the end of the semester.

But while I'm rambling, here are bizarre search hits which have led folks to this humble blog:
industrial age progressive companies pro-labor
The UFW movimiento clap
SODEXHO INTERNET NYUS
president giamatti on "phil donahue" yale
police sirens whoop new york
dov charney has issues

1 comment:

  1. Dov Charney has Issues...

    ...and other stories in this week's issue of Massive Profound Understatement.O

    ReplyDelete