I downloaded four cds today. Haven't had the chance to listen to them all yet, but feel obsessively-compulsively drawn to blog about the ones i have listened to. Peter Bjorn and John's Writer's Block is at this juncture probably the one i like the most. At its best, it sometimes feels like the best album the Go-Betweens never made. The New Deerhoof album, Friend Opportunity pretty much picks up where The Runners Four ended, at least musically. Lyrically, I think it's a little less sanguine and explosive, a bit more rueful. But I may be pulling that out of my ass. I haven't listened to The Long Blondes' "someone to drive you home" enough to form an opinion yet, but I'm underwhelmed by Menomena's Friend and Foe.
Back to Black Marxism.
From the previews, it looks like Veronica Mars is going to jump the shark for good next week. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment