Sunday, January 28, 2007

I haven't made it to Other Music in a while, and I've been pretty swamped. So i can give no insight into the new Shins album (objectivist or just misanthropic) or the menomena album. Also, I need to buy a new computer next weekish and am trying not to spend money on hipster music I will probably not enjoy but would only buy to achieve a certain cultural literacy in a genre i am not sure i give a fuck about (maybe bittorrent is the way to go here.) I do want to hear the new Deerhoof, but i probably won't for a while. Tonight after the insanely long five hour GSOC meeting, though, I did manage to listen to James Brown's Funky People Part 3, which, while it lacks the highly sampled tracks of the first two comps - "Pass The Peas," "I Know You Got Soul," etc., is just as good. Check it out.

3 comments:

  1. The record store around the corner from my apartment is heavily promoting the new Menomena album, and every time I walk past I think the band's name sounds like a disease. Perhaps I'd have different associations if I actually stopped in to listen to the album...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to watch more muppets.

    ReplyDelete