Wednesday, December 20, 2006

More detritus from the heartless hospital

NHI points to one VP, Steve Mertz, and details one specific violation of the conduct agreement, specifically the baldfaced lie that the 150 unionized dietary workers don't get merit pay benefits under the hospital's "Performance Incentive Plan."

"Dear Fellow Employee:

"On August 28 and 30, I had the opportunity to speak with you at two open forum meetings and in the course of those meetings I made statements about the Hospital's Performance Incentive Plan (PIP) which were incorrect. I stated that the dietary employees, who are represented by the Union, are not eligible for PIP benefits. I was mistaken. PIP benefits are part of the Union's collective bargaining agreement and dietary workers have received PIP benefits for several years.

"I apologize for my error.

"Very truly yours,

"Steve Merz
"Vice President, Administration"

As Paul Bass notes, Merz is a "high up" in the hospital's chain of command, and if Vice Preisdents of Administration are actively lying about loss of benefits to workers in "voluntary" meetings, how 'isolated' can these incidents really be? The hospital board's press release monday didn't begin to answer these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment