Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fighting Back

Destefano calls for card check. That makes sense to me, not that it matters. He also calls for disbanding the hospital's board of trustees, and that works for me too. And, he channels Kingman Brewster:

“I think it is impossible to have a free and fair election at Yale New-Haven today,” said DeStefano, joined by state legislators, Attorney General Dick Blumenthal and a dozen aldermen.


Despite the fact that all the managers in the YNHH anti-union campaign were employing the same talking points, and the arbitrator found evidence they were acting under orders from the top, Petrini is calling the meetings "isolated incidents." Anyone buy that? Yeah, i didn't think so.

And, Laura Smith leads 100 workers to confront a meeting of YNHH management, including "the borg," who turns her back on them. No wonder the mayor has no faith in the hospital anymore. I can't see why anyone should. These people should all join Joe Zaccagnino in unemployment. But I do have faith in the members of the Federation of Hospital and University Employees to keep fighting for justice for the hospital workers, for all of New Haven, and for all of us who work and live in service-sector dominated hospital-university cities.

1 comment:

  1. I'm chuckling at the image of John DeStefano channeling Kingman Brewster. I think perhaps there should be a ouija board involved.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete