Well, not really. I mean, chances are, if you're reading this, you know who I am. I probably know who you are too, since my readership isn't exactly profoundly expansive - it peaked sometime last year during the strike and i suspect it's since dwindled, though the switch to the beta meant the end of my extreme tracking thingy, so that's really conjecture on my part. Anyway, I don't expect this to radically alter content, but I am somewhat worried about the whole "acacdemic bloggers get screwed" trend/trope, and while i don't really know whether or not I deserve the designation "academic" at this point in my life, I figure it might be best for me to excercise some caution in how I present myself here, hence the deletion of all references to my last name and most references to my first name. If you see references to you here that you want altered or redacted, let's talk.
I was not nearly as productive today as I needed to be, though the day isn't over and maybe i'll get some work done in the next few hours. I did stave off cabin fever by walking down 5th avenue (and then 4th after 95th street, where they intersect,) to Shore Road in Bay Ridge and becoming acquainted with a neighborhood I've lived next to for a year and a half but haven't spent much time in. I also got lunch at one of the taquerias near my apartment, which I hadn't done yet either, mostlybecause when I'm here I usually just make my own lunch. I am really not sure where the rest of the last 10 hours went, and that frightens and frustrates me.
I'm hoping the semianonymity will encourage me to take this blog a little more seriously - returning to longer, more analytic stuff, and to be less refrained sometimes in what and how i write about certain topics, though i am not convinced that this move will actually foment either desired shift, nor that both of these are really where i want to be going anyway. Indeed, recently, I've been thinking of scrapping the whole project altogether, but each time I stop because of the ridiculous amount of time and work i've put into this thing, and the few entries i have written that I feel entirely unambivalent about wanting folks committed to social justice/building worker power/transfirming the production of knowledge in and outside of the neoliberal university to read. We'll see what happens. My anonym may shift frequently or dissappear altogether.
No comments:
Post a Comment