I have seen his posts, which are awesomely long. I found the back and forth between Berube and Yale Grade strike veteran Cynthia Young in the comments on the second post very interesting. I wanted to blog more, but I wasn't able to make it to the MLA and don't feelcomfortable intervening in an internal discussion about motions and resolutions except to say that it's obviously important that an organization publicly in support of graduate employee unionization have some sort of mechanism to respond when institutions like NYU take the kinds of actions against graduate teachers that Sexton has threatened to pursue.
Did you see Michael Berube's recent post about the MLA having taken up the GSOC issue? He also wrote a bit about Yale.
ReplyDeleteI have seen his posts, which are awesomely long. I found the back and forth between Berube and Yale Grade strike veteran Cynthia Young in the comments on the second post very interesting. I wanted to blog more, but I wasn't able to make it to the MLA and don't feelcomfortable intervening in an internal discussion about motions and resolutions except to say that it's obviously important that an organization publicly in support of graduate employee unionization have some sort of mechanism to respond when institutions like NYU take the kinds of actions against graduate teachers that Sexton has threatened to pursue.
ReplyDelete