Before I run off to my cousin's bar mitzvah, ( I think the last one I was at was my brother's, almost nine years ago. This should be fun) I wanted to point out that the Nerds On Strike have posted Amy Leclair's speech from the rally Thursday and urge folks who couldn't make it to hop over there and read it.
Besides Amy's speech, I think my favorite moments from Thursday were Adam Green's speech, Asad's speech, Wilhelm's speech, and Roger Touissaint's statement (and I'm paraphrasing) that "We took on the governor and the mayor. You took on the president, and I salute you."
I've come to thoroughly enjoy screaming at very loud volumes, in my meager approximation of a Scott Marks imitation, until my voice starts cracking and shutting down a la the fast-food employee kid in The Simpsons. There's something kind of therapeutic about it.
Kind of like karaoke.
No comments:
Post a Comment