I talked to some reporters today for the first time since coming here. One was writing a story about NYU's changes to Washington Square Park, and i guess wanted a striker perspective, and another was writing an opinion piece about the strike. I'm not sure what her opinion is, but I feel like I was on message enough that even if she's secretly like Jamie Kirchick in disguise, which didn't seem likely - she seemed non-fascist, but you can never tell - I didn't give her much to go on and policed myself, i hope, adequately enough
A seldom-updated blog about labor and universities and sometimes other stuff
Friday, January 27, 2006
around the line in 80 days
Recalculation suggests that Phil Wheeler was right yesterday, and that today is in fact the 80th day of the strike, about halfway through the twelfth week. I was supposed to go to a film screening early this morning, but i was tired enough from all yesterday's sturm and drang that I wound up making it to campus half an hour late and concluding that it would be much more useful of me to join the picket line rather than to go and try to see the movie of which i'd already missed the first half-hour. It was freezing cold, and i was a bit frustrated with myself for not wearing more socks or another layer of shirtyness. (That was kind of a Buffy reference, i think.) There are two pictures from the march on the front page of the WSN today, one of the crowd in profile marching beneath the arch, and this one:

I talked to some reporters today for the first time since coming here. One was writing a story about NYU's changes to Washington Square Park, and i guess wanted a striker perspective, and another was writing an opinion piece about the strike. I'm not sure what her opinion is, but I feel like I was on message enough that even if she's secretly like Jamie Kirchick in disguise, which didn't seem likely - she seemed non-fascist, but you can never tell - I didn't give her much to go on and policed myself, i hope, adequately enough
I talked to some reporters today for the first time since coming here. One was writing a story about NYU's changes to Washington Square Park, and i guess wanted a striker perspective, and another was writing an opinion piece about the strike. I'm not sure what her opinion is, but I feel like I was on message enough that even if she's secretly like Jamie Kirchick in disguise, which didn't seem likely - she seemed non-fascist, but you can never tell - I didn't give her much to go on and policed myself, i hope, adequately enough
Labels:
buffy,
federation,
gsoc,
strike,
uoc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i ran by the office today (i left my gloves in the confrence room overnight) and i was talking to anita. i have some questions for you if we can get in touch.
ReplyDeletezachsw at gmail dot com
ReplyDeletedude, i think that's me with the water cooler jug. sweet.
ReplyDeletegreat seeing you yesterday!
- thomas
Thomas, I can see the holes in 'em sneakers from here. Of course that's you. Better stay warm, brother.
ReplyDeleteZachary. Tell me more about this self-policing. I'm very interested.
abrazos, julieah