Thursday, March 8, 2007

Just Ask Marna: Stories From The Ground of Shameful Union-Busting Tactics

This is profoundly dirty and wholly demonstrative of just how committed to anti-union terror tactics Marna "The Borg" Borgstrom really is. I want to write more about this, but have to read some Capital Vol 3. and Limits to Capital and write a 2 page response paper and get to Manhattan all before 11 AM, and last night's protracted HOD meeting left me a bit drained but also excited for our "conference committee" to finally start "conferencing" with the administration on the terms and conditions of our "not-work." So I will be back, sometime after my class and some time before this weekend's birthday celebrations for both my nonagenarian grandparents, for which i will wear a tie and jacket for the first time since my senior prom, I think, and for which i am told my awesome cousin Kyla has returned early from the antarctic. Thankfully, as always seems to be the case in New Haven, that movement Sherman Chickering saw in the picket signs and faces of the local 35 strikers in 1971 remains very much alive.

2 comments: