Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Faculty and staff at the Community College of Philadelphia are on strike, and the administration has been forced to cancel classes with no one to teach them.

I dreamt last night that I had left grad school for a research job with unite-here that turned out to actually be an organizing job that no one told me would be an organizing job, and i was very confused. Also, i think i didn't so much leave grad school as take the job on top of grad school so i was juggling the two. I'm very bored. Spring "break" sucks.

Edit: Also, in my dream, i was running around the Upper West Side writing anti-war slogans on the sidewalks with big peices of chalk and ran into a friend from high school whom i have not seen in over five years. Why i thought chalking was a revolutionary activity i don't know. Perhaps it evinces the evacuation of politics and organizing I've felt in New York these past few years, or perhaps I simply need therapy. Fuck it, I'm going for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment