Saturday, July 9, 2005

I saved post 700 for the occasion of my 24th birthday. Which is today. I am older than the entire world except for Alek Felstiner. I am extraordinarily old.

The birthday, which is technically sunday, but which i celebrated tonight, has been awesome. Last year, i did nothing, which made me really sad and added to this feeling that i was letting my life slip through my fingers and wasting away my youth a la Blind Melon's "No Rain." So I'm really glad that this year I got to spend time with good friends, eat good food, and see a film involving really adorable penguins and a way overdone and overly artful uber-anthropomorphized penguin sex scene. No, i'm not kidding. We're talking tasteful zooms. Also, the baby penguins who were walking around with their wings/flippers extended were adorable.

Even got gifts -- a card which almost made me cry involving a monkey, (of course,) a black tee-shirt, and extremely personalized mix cd which is ridiculously cool.

Tomorrow the apartment hunt continues. Hopefully we will find something soon.

2 comments: