Monday, July 25, 2005

first observation:
in retrospect, the opening of "Fade Into You" is disturbingly similar to the opening of "Please Let Me Get What I Want."




second observation:
Not so much an observation as much as just me wondering whether there was anything prurient involved in me carrying the "orals" sign during the "dissertation race." (Found the photograph while going through my USB drive. Best action ever. Except for that time at the boathouse. And a couple of others. But it was pretty great.)

I walked to Brooklyn today, from the Upper West Side down to city hall and across the Brooklyn Bridge. There was a bomb scare or something in Brooklyn Heights. Cops everywhere. NY1 van parked on Cadman Plaza.

I walked back across the bridge.

Theoretically i'm signing a lease tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. best action ever except for our, um, it was an installation and it was always supposed to have been an installation beforehand...please don't remind me

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wasn't talking about the "Reshape Class Participation" pre-actio--err, i mean installation. Although i think we totally moved forward from that towards the end of the semester with the fair share stuff and the Dr. Allen stuff, so it wasn't nearly as bad as we all thought it was and i think it was a wake up call for folks to actually be accountable to eachother for the organizing that we were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enormously pleased to have an image of me clutching my laser-wounded face on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, i'm sorrty about that. I was thinking about cropping the image, but then i didn't. I'm sure that must have been very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, it was all fake and dramatic, not painful. It just sort of surprised me though that he actually shot the laser into my eyes. Like, I was expecting a sort of overwraught flourish like Jeffrey had done with the baguette, but, alas, instead of got sprinkles of colored stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely forgot about the baguette. That was amazing. I want a baguette.

    ReplyDelete