Friday, October 20, 2006

ugh

Morning after the mets' expulsion from the postseason after Oliver Perez of all people pitches well and Endy Chavez makes another fucking incredible catch - to rob Scott Rolen of a 2 run homer and turns a double play - as if that wasn't enough. It was a great season, but we also - because of a series of freak injuries - didn't have the pitcvhing depth to beat detroit, and Steve Trachsel's suckitude in game 3 really doomed us, I think. But even without Pedro, El Duque, or Duaner Sanchez, the mets were able to force and almost win a Game 7, and that's leaps and bounds better than anything the team's done since the unceremonial end of the 2000 world series. Plus, the future's looking up. There's always next year, I suppose.



The current iteration of the piracy project is handed in, which is good, because it was driving us nuts. I saw Abbey and Amelia Sunday and I'm hanging out with them and some other UOC folks tonight (hopefully AM, Dubba, and TWF,) which is awesome. Plus, i saw Cathy yesterday fro the first time since she randomly showed up on the GSOC picket line last December and only the second time since college, so that was also awesome.

Still, I am really bummed out about the mets.

Edit: But if you were wondering what differentiates the Mets from the Yankees, I offer this as proof, though i could offer a great deal more:

“We went to the last out of the last inning of the last game, and we gave it our all,” Minaya said. “What else can you ask for?

In a downtrodden clubhouse, plastic sheets still hung draped over televisions and computers in preparation for a Champagne bath, when Fred Wilpon, the Mets’ principal owner, entered. He went directly to Heilman, grabbed his arm and thanked him before crisscrossing the room to meet with the coaching staff.

On his way out, he found Minaya in the middle of the locker room. As they hugged, Minaya told him, “The players didn’t cheat you, they didn’t cheat you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment