Sunday, October 8, 2006

The Good, The Bad, The Weird, and the Ugly

The Good:
  • The Mets swept the Dodgers in the NLDS to move on to the NLCS for the first time since 2000 in a crazy game in which the mets were up 4-0, down 5-4, and then won 9-5.
  • I just saw Alek for the first time since 2004.

The weird:
  • The squirrel fight on Chapel between Flatbush and Jay this morning. A rolling mass of bush tails sweeping across the sidewalk.
  • Walking across the manhattan bridge while the avon walk against breast cancer was walking in the other direction. I was dressed in all black, they were all in pink and white and looking at me strangely. I felt like cancer's metonym or something.

The bad:
  • being pursued by the New York County Department of Jurors and threatened with jail for not responding to jury duty letters i never got, because i haven't lived in NY County for years.
  • The announcers in Dodgers Stadium who couldn't pronouce Endy Chavez's surname despite the fact that they work in fucking Chavez Ravine.

The ugly:
  • A homeless man was beaten bloodly and lying dazed on the street as I walked down Waverly between Bway and Mercer this afternoon. Someone called 911 and the cops and fire dept/EMTs came. A bizarre and fucked up little rupture in the geography of the neoliberal urban amusement park.

No comments:

Post a Comment