Friday, October 13, 2006

If i appear to be carefree

I want to note here that yesterday's post on the politics of the hug is as close to psychoanalysis as I'm going to get ever, so enjoy it.

Also "Tears of a Clown." Great song. So's "The Tracks of My Tears." Basically, if you put Smokey Robinson anywhere near themes of concealed anguish between 1960 and 1970, you got a great song.

Mets won yesterday on a 2-run HR by Carlos Beltran off a fastball that Jeff Weaver hung over the middle of the plate. Tonight's John Maine against Chris Carpenter. Glavine pitched seven shutout innings and the bullpen worked out of a couple of jams. Good game.

Last night, while the game was on, during the commercials i switched to channel 25, WNYC TV, which was airing an episode of its old-school hip hop video show "The Bridge" about the Wu-Tang clan. I caught the videos for "Da Mystery of Chessboxing," "C.R.E.A.M," and "Triumph" and interviews with U-God, Masta Killa, and Inspectah Deck, all of whom look old. Particularly compared to what they looked like in 1993. The GZA is 40 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment