happy birthday jessica.
It was a long day. I helped someone move. I got some work done. I went to the United Nations and saw John Sexton give an arrogant and hypocritical speech on"good governance" and I saw Amy and Asad ask him some very powerful and incisive questions that rather than answer, he chose to launch into an absurd anti-union tirade. (The UN panel facilitator for his part dismissed us as a 'local issue,' which was disgusting. We are an issue for a whole lot of locals. And, beneath the pun, the truth, that the casualization of academic work and the violations of international human rights law represented by the strike have implications which need to be understood in a way that doesn't fall prey to the kind of imperial parochialism one would think the United fucking Nations beyond.) On the subway tonight a drunk guy started calling me a motherfucker, said he didn't like me, and told me and Rana that he had a gun. then I had to explain to this huge drunk Russian guy how to get to Sheepshead Bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment