I'll end and call it a night by quoting Jenny from today's WSN
When I went on strike on Nov. 9, I did so anticipating that I could lose my
wages for the duration of the strike — despite the fact that NYU does not
consider my labor “work.” But the administration has not just decided to take
away our pay for as long as we are on strike, NYU’s draconian decision is to
blacklist GAs by firing them from their teaching positions and terminating their
pay for the following two semesters. NYU is punishing striking GAs in the future
for our decision to stand up to the administration today....
NYU’s attempts to bully and intimidate striking GAs and the
administration’s determination to keep us out of the classroom in future
semesters suggests that they don’t care about undergraduate education at all.
The administration’s indifference to undergraduate, graduate and faculty voices
at this university only serves to underscore the importance of our fight and the
reasons that the Graduate Student Organizing Committe must prevail.
No comments:
Post a Comment