Wednesday, February 1, 2006

the book i see more people reading in university libraries across the country is dick hebdige's Subculture; The Meaning of Style. Discuss.

I'm a useless organizer, i'm feeling profoundly alienated from American Studies, (although not so much my cohort anymore, which is nice) and I kind of want to go find a corner and cry a la Axl in "Sweet Child Of Miiiine" for fifteen minutes and then get myself together and do something useful. Instead I'm going to get up, go back to my table here in the panopticon, finish the last hundred pages of Limits to Capital, go home, go to sleep, wake up, read some Capital, think about why I'm in this fight, why I'm in graduate school, and what I need to be doing to help us win this fight.

Folks reading this can do any or all of the following things a)Donate to the strike fund. Six people are now locked out for a year. This is only the beginning of the repressive apparatus the administration is going to bring to bear on us as the strike continues, and while we are mobilizing to stay out and stay strong, we need your support. That doesn't just mean money. You can b)Contact the NYU administration and register your outrage.
John Sexton, President
Tel: (212) 998-2345
Fax: (212) 995-4790
john.sexton@nyu.edu
c) Come to our rallies and actions. I'll post dates and times when i know them.
d)give me a call sometime and help me stay sane

No comments:

Post a Comment