Monday, December 12, 2005

paper hell procrastination take 1

I made the trek to campus this morning to grab some more books for my mapping paper on "Labor" in Latin American Studies, aided greatly by suggestions that K was magnanimous enough to make yesterday. Unfortunately both the Emilia Viotti da Costa festschrift Reclaiming The Political... and the Gil Joseph/Eric Zolov-edited Fragments of a Golden Age were checked out and not i any of the three bookstores i visited to try and procure them. I'll have to do without.

I stopped by the picket line to say hi, chant a little bit, check in with folks, and because picketing is much more fun than writing papers right now. The trustee leaflet is great, the change of scenery from Bobst to Kimmel seemed like a good idea, and i'm sure the trustees will recognize that there is a crisis on NYU's campus whether or not the meeing itself happens in its scheduled location. Do you think we could "call them to account" for disrupting the normal flow of university business if they move off campus? Just asking...

The MTA strike deadline is drawing nearer. Bloomberg needs to get off his ass and start talking to Roger Toussaint and the TWU Local 1oo negotiating committee so this can be settled now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I have "Fragments of a Golden Age" at my mom's apt if you want to borrow it. PS. You should come to my housewarming party w/Erin this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete