Apologies for the Clerks reference. I'm seriously eight years old. It's a problem.
Today's the 37th day of the strike. We're in "reduced picketing" mode while folks deal with exams and term papers and academic work we've been neglecting all semester, but the leafletting seems to be going well. I am finally beginning to feel exhausted from this whole month and a half of strike craziness and work craziness and am looking forward to getting the two papers i still have to write done and getting some time to decompress and figure out how to move forward. I'm also looking forward to kicking John Sexton's ass to the curb and building an academic labor movement capable of changing the ways universities work (and the ways we work at universities, of course.)
The TWU is waiting until after the weekend to decide whether to strike the MTA, but they are already striking private bus companies in Queens, where they have now struck three times since 2001, as far as I can tell. The head of the NYC CLC has asked every union member in the city to donate $1 to their strike fund. If everyone does, this would give the union $1.5 mil.
"Did he just say making fuck?"
ReplyDeleteheh.
The independent contractors on the death star clearly needed a union.
ReplyDelete