A seldom-updated blog about labor and universities and sometimes other stuff
Sunday, December 11, 2005
Leisure Suit Larry addendum
Also, why, how, huh, does Larry Summers get married and I can't get a date? Am I a worse person than Larry Summers? Do people find pseudoscientific misogyny, knee-jerk zionist absolutism, and arguments for outsourcing toxic waste disposal attractive? Not that I would necessarily want to date an American exceptionalist 23 years my senior, but i have to complain about this as a matter of principle. I haven't been on a date in years. Larry Summers is getting married. What's up with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
neet someone on the picketline! at least you know she'll have the same politics.
ReplyDeleteWell, not necessarily. There are lots of reasons folks have for striking. But no way would I ever date someone who was in the bargaining unit and not striking. To rip off Harold Rome's Pins and Needles it's "One Big Union For Two." Which, by the way, is on iTunes. Which is so awesome.
ReplyDeleteBy far, my favorite part of the announcement is the description of the bride's parents -- her father is a physicist, her mother is a party planner. Holy dated gender roles, people! I'm sure Summers would agree that New inherited her natural "feel" for language (and presumable "knack" for party planning) from her mother.
ReplyDeleteThe announcement headline should instead read, "Summers to Wed Woman with Inferior Math and Science Abilities, Natch."