Tuesday, December 13, 2005

due date procrastination pt 2

missed this too.

Other private universities were watching the situation closely, said Richard W.
Hurd, a professor of industrial and labor relations at Cornell University.
Besides NYU and Brown, grad students have been trying to organize at nearby
Columbia and Yale universities."A win at NYU would certainly create some energy"
in the grad student unionization movement, Hurd said.But at the same time,
because of the lack of clear legal support, organizing grad students at private
universities "is a high-risk investment for unions," he said. "If the law is
going to get in the way, unions might be better off spending their resources on
campaigns where there is legal protection."Meanwhile, NYU spokesman Taylor mused
that the generator for the inflatable rat probably requires a lot of gasoline.
If the strike is going to continue, he said, "maybe they should look into a
hybrid rat."

Hey, thanks, buddy. I'm sure we'll look into that.

1 comment:

  1. With one click of the button, "In search of Aztlan" no longer exists.

    Just thought I'd let you know. I'll explain why, later.

    ReplyDelete