Thursday, October 13, 2005

Firm and Atoned pt. II

There's a broken water main at west fourth and bowery and the whole intersection was flooded. Lots of firefighters standing around in rubber boots and a car stuck in the middle of a huge-ass puddle, reminds me of katrina photos a little bit. The weather here's been pretty crazy all week, and it isn't going to stop raining until staurday, which is like 8 straight days. 32 more and shit would be all biblical.

Speaking of which, i wound up observing the fast, which i think was the right thing to do, though i broke it an hour or so early, because it's hard to read Gramsci when your brain is all spaced out from lack of food, and i felt like i'd done all the atonign i was capable of doing in one day.

I am feeling a little down because no one is laughing at what i think is the funniest post title ever. Come on, people. Indulge my narcissism! (But only if you get the joke.)

What about Messirs Clarke and Sorum?

6 comments:

  1. I get it.

    Haha.

    Better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no you don't, but i appreciate the sentiment and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I must admit I didn't see it the first time I read the blog,
    but now that you made mention of it,
    damn it if I didn't actually laugh out loud.

    Firm and Atoned!

    And he IS Jewish!

    HAAAAA.......!!!! :)

    You clever boy, you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, jules.

    Although the joke was less about F&T himself than the problematic nature of the latinate word and its relationship to the capitalist logic of the body as saleable commodity. Yeah, that's the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps to illicit a laugh in the future, you should try a less obscure joke.

    So there!

    ReplyDelete