Saturday, October 1, 2005

I watched the season premiere of Veronica Mars today. Charisma Carpenter plays Heather Locklear, and I'm wondering what Stonecutter got Steve Guttenberg the job, though it was actually kind of cool to see him in a bob saget in half baked kind of way. The episode itself was ok, implausible at points, and Charisma Caroenter's character seems totally one-dimensional at the moment.

I also, upon finally finishing my half of the Foucault presentation paper, went out and saw Serenity, the movie continuation of Joss Whedon's wonderful Firefly series. It was pretty much everything i'd hoped for, although there's some stuff i wish had not happened, and I very much wish Fox had not canceled the series in the first place, because it was one of the best things i've ever seen on television. The film does the series justice. I'd recommend renting the DVDs before seeing the movie, though you'll be able to follow what's going on, for the most part, even if you haven't seen the show. I am being tight lipped because i don't want to spoil the plot, but it's great and you should go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment