BUCHANAN: Well, look, in the battle against Marxism (search) and Leninism, in economics
and politics the Western civilization won, the United States won. The Soviet
empire collapsed. But what I called cultural Marxism and militant
secularism are clearly winning in the United States of America.
You just did that ad by Paris Hilton (search). That would never have
been shown in the '50s or '60s in the United States. If you take a look at the
pornography and the filth that pours into American homes and you see the
consequences in divorces and broken families and delinquency and all of the rest
of them.
There was a communist known as Antonio Gramsci in Italy who
argued that this is the only way that Marxism is going to win. And I have to say
they are sure making progress and I think they're on the
offensive.
O'REILLY: Yes, but in the totalitarianism regimes of China and the Third
Reich and Stalin, they didn't want any of this stuff. I mean, they knocked this
stuff out.
Franco in Spain. I was in Spain when Franco was in power. Man, they
didn't want any of that. Even in Singapore. The totalitarianism regimes did not
want them. So what's the difference here?
BUCHANAN: What's the difference here is that this is sort of, if you will,
soft Marxism. And what it's done is replaced Christianity. You know, a culture
is a product of a cult. Western civilization is a product of Christianity.
And Gramsci and the others realized they had to de-Christianize
the culture. They had to change values. They had to make people think
differently, and then the citadel of western civilization would
collapse.
If you look at western nations, there's not a single one today, Bill,
that's got a population that is not dying out. And I think if you take a look at
the culture we have now, compared to what we had in the 1950's, you cannot say
that is progress.
Especially when you see folks that are cutting off their TVs or
throwing them out. They're not going to movies; the language is filthy. I think
you take a look at the popular culture and you can't say we're winning.
After this it gets extremely racist, and i don't feel like putting that shit on my blog.
bizarre. I'm not sure how it makes me feel to know that Pat Buchanan's read his Gramsci...
ReplyDelete-k
Well, I don't really think he actually has read his Gramsci. He just cites him to look cool.
ReplyDelete