Today seems to have involved bizarre sightings of folks who graduated from my high school before I did, 8 miles on the edge of a rainstorm which never materialized, disorganized thoughts on this week's developments in other people's lives, penurious procrastination pertaining, perhaps, to the promised pixies post, and waiting to hear back from the possible landlords about the apartment in sunet park i am thinking we probably did not get. There will be others, if this is the case -- though it was a great apartment and kind of reminded me in some ways of the one I lived in on Bishop Street for two years.
I have a couple of things I want to blog about in the near future -- that Pixies show, for one, the AFL-CIO fight, for another, and some other stuff that's slipping my mind because it's 2 AM, but which i think I'll probably remember in the morning and curse myself (not really) for omitting here. But I also have books i want to read, and work that needs to get done possibly involving a trip to New Haven Wednesday (Monday being new six feet under, Tuesday being new CD day, and Thursday being Sleater-Kinney/Dead Meadow at Roseland) to procure high quality digital reproductions of the amazing photographs of some of the babies whom I have been researching from the sensationalized and exploitative articles in LIFE and Newsweek and the somewhat more nuanced but wrought with contradiction five-page spread from the April 1946 issue of Ebony. So i'm not sure when i'll get around to posting this stuff, but hopefully I'll do it in a way that makes sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment