Thursday, May 26, 2005

J.Z. Retires! (Zaccagnino, not Sean Carter -- This time.)

I guess he couldn't atke the heat. Or maybe it was the ghost of medical debt past, present, and future. Or maybe his shriveled up little capitalist prune of a cardiovascular system miraculously started beating again. Probably not, though.

Kidding aside, as Phoebe blogs, this brings with it the potential for a big victory at YNHH. I sincerely hope that the new leadership at the hospital treats its workers and its city with the respect and dignity they deserve, sits down with CORD, makes free care available to people who need it without trying to take away their homes and/or paychecks, and whose community strategy is based on mutual respect and charitable relations rather than Vin Petrini's flat-out lies and full page advertisements in the Yale-New Haven Register. In the meantime, I sincerely hope that Zaccagnino spends the rest of his life deeply regretting all the evil shit he's done to working people in New Haven and throughout southern Connecticut.

I meanwhile, will reminisce about the time i nearly knocked someone unconscious with Zac-Buck leaflets during one of two banner drops at Joe Millionaire's "Alumni of The Year" coronation (I don't really feel that bad about it ) and the time i almost chased him down the YNHH/Med School hallway to give him our letter but then didn't, because i suck. Joe Zaccagnino, this one's for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment